Join Our Team
Careers in ADRA focus on what we call the 3 C’s.
If you are a connected, courageous, and compassionate professional, you are welcome to be part of our team.
Working at ADRA is more than just a job—it’s an opportunity to be a part of something bigger. Our work is making a difference in the lives of thousands of people in Uganda. Through hard work, perseverance, and deep commitment we turn limited resources into life-changing solutions.
All ADRA Uganda job applications are officially posted and processed on this ADRA website.
ADRA Uganda job applications posted on websites other than this website are fake. Please be aware.
All job applications are FREE and offered at NO COST to the applicant.
Be Part of the ADRA Team!
Who is ADRA International?
ADRA International is the global humanitarian organization of the Seventh-day Adventist Church that delivers relief and development to individuals in more than 118 countries. ADRA is changing the world through Health, Education, Livelihood, and Emergency response efforts.
ADRA International seeks interested applicants for the position of Vice President for Finance. The Vice-President for Finance serves as the Chief Financial Officer and the Administrative Officer responsible for leading the fiscal functions in accordance with US GAAP, relevant United States Government legal and contractual requirements, relevant church working policies, and financial management practices appropriate to international not-for-profit organizations. The position of Vice President for Finance collaborates with other members of ADRA Senior Leadership to facilitate building sustainable business solutions to poverty through social ventures. The successful candidate will have the competencies to function as an effective leader within and without the organization with demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Leading Teams: Inspires collective effort toward achieving strategic priorities
- Deciding and Initiating Action: Makes prompt, clear decisions that may involve tough choices or considered risks.
- Presenting and Communicating Information: Speaks clearly and fluently; expresses opinions, information, and critical points of an argument clearly.
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts: Works strategically to realize organizational goals; sets and develops strategies.
- Thinking with an Entrepreneurial and Commercial Mindset: Identifies business opportunities for the organization; demonstrates financial awareness.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- An active member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- CPA or equivalent experience in financial management, business administration, accounting, or related field.
- Minimum ten years of direct experience as a Chief Financial Officer (or equivalent) within a commercial, entrepreneurial, or international development/humanitarian field.
Application Procedures and Deadline
Please visit https://adra.org/get-involved/join-our-team and complete the online application. The position closes on the 9th of March, 2023.
For more information, please contact Korey Dowling – Vice President, People & Culture – [email protected].
Vacancy Announcement for Feedback and Complaints Desk Assistants.
About ADRA Uganda:
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) Uganda is a humanitarian organization of the Seventh-day Adventist Church that demonstrates God’s love and compassion. Through an international network, ADRA delivers relief and development assistance to individuals in more than 140 countries—regardless of their ethnicity, political affiliation, or religious association.
With funding from WFP and support from OPM, UNHCR, and other agencies, ADRA Uganda is implementing the General Food/cash Assistance project in Rwamwanja. These project activities involve the engagement of community structures in supporting the distribution of cash and food rations to the targeted population.
ADRA Uganda is therefore seeking to recruit suitable and competent persons to fill up the positions of Feedback and Complaints Desk Assistant in Rwamwanja and Kyaka II refugee settlements.
Number per location
Feedback and Complaints Desk Assistant
Gender and Protection Officer
Roles and responsibilities.
- Answer/Listen, process, and respond to complaints and guide beneficiaries that seek help through ADRA Uganda hotlines and other CRMs.
- Follow up on internal complaints and feedback referrals with appropriate offices and sectors and respond to raised pending issues
- Enter all complaints and feedback in the database and keep up-to-date records to generate reports anytime.
- Ensure a proper filing system for all the complaints and feedback taken through the helplines/field visits.
- Collect the complaints and make a daily data entry for all the data collected through the helplines or field visits. Record the complaints and report them to your supervisor.
- Support beneficiaries through information sharing and relating to services provided by ADRA Uganda and partner organizations, upon request, and refer beneficiaries per subject needs.
- Conduct feedback sessions for the GFA project.
- Share complaints and feedback -received through helpline- trends analysis quarterly and monthly reports.
- Collect feedback from other team members about referred complaints to their respective sectors.
- Carry out additional responsibilities and project tasks as assigned to you.
- At least a Diploma in Social work, development studies, social sciences, public health, or an equivalent.
- At least 2 years of working experience in; food/ cash distribution, community-driven project, and crowd control.
- Ability to speak English and one of the local languages (Kinyabwisha/ Kiswahili/Batalinga) is key.
- Resident within the settlement especially during the distribution period.
How to apply
Interested persons are to fill the form below and upload the required documents in pdf format ONLY before 23rd February 2023 at 3:00pm. Female persons are encouraged to apply.
Feedback and Complaints Desk Assistants - GFA