The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is a national humanitarian & development organization of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, tasked to serve humanity so all may live as God intended.
Applications from suitably qualified persons are being invited for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Manager
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Manager
Reporting Line: Country Director
Job Purpose: Under the supervision of the Country Director, the MEAL Manager will lead the process and implementation of a results-based MEAL system throughout the organization portfolio, leads in the development of the accountability system and ensures the high standard of the centralized MEAL system for internal/external learning & reporting purposes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Take leadership on the overall MEAL system and ensure synergy between the different M&E, humanitarian accountability & learning processes
- Ensure that the overall MEAL system is developed based on local capacity, cost-effective approaches and sustainable processes
- Ensure ADRA’s frontline and technical staff are equipped with knowledge, tools and resources to support MEAL functions
- Ensure monitoring processes are systemized, in ways that meet donor requirements, and are cost-effective, avoids duplicative processes, and less beneficiary fatigue
- Ensure partner & direct implementation is monitored on a regular basis for quality standards, and humanitarian principles through scheduled visits, data quality audits, spot check/verification visits against reports, and reports reviews (as per agreed schedule with donors and partners)
- Ensure MEAL findings are presented at the program review meetings on a monthly basis, and prompt critical thinking at project management & senior management level
- Help identify and design innovative practices to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness in M&E, humanitarian accountability, Information management and general project management
- Ensure all MEAL related data, reports, and records are clearly organized archived in a central location for future reference
- Ensure beneficiaries and partners have constant access to information about ADRA’s programs and to channel that can process complaints & feedback with confidentiality & respond appropriately within predefined standards
- Ensure all M&E staff supervised by this position are guided, mentored and their capacities built in order to deliver high-quality outputs
- Ensure all relevant ADRA frontline & technical staff are assisted in strengthening their understanding of MEAL concepts & competencies as a part of the MEAL system establishment
- Ensure management of day-to-day M&E tasks are completed with appropriate resources, proper planning and to the highest standard required
- Ensure ADRA is well represented in MEAL related working groups and forums at local & national levels
- Other duties as assigned by the Country Director.
Required Experience and Qualification
- Master’s degree in relevant subject or its equivalent.
- At least seven years of significant experience and familiarity with MEAL in DRR context including MEAL Leadership
- Experience in data collection and community participation and accountability, conducting and coordinating assessments
- Demonstrated strong monitoring and evaluation skills, including planning/participating in evaluations
- Ability to work both in an advisory and a hands-on implementation capacity
- Ability to facilitate/conduct large technical training for staff
- Experience of representation and ability to represent ADRA effectively in external forums
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing and respond to sensitive issues using tact and diplomacy
- Analytical with excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to review a variety of reports and to formulate appropriate actions
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite and must have the ability to travel on a short notice
- Candidate must be skilled strategic thinker and performance management driven
All qualified and interested candidates who are below 60 years should submit their applications online not later than 6th May 2019.