Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Reporting Line: Head of Program (GFA)
Job Purpose: The M&E Officer position is a technical role and heads the field MEAL functions in GFA project areas of Kyaka II and Rwamwanja Refugee Settlements. The M&E Officer in consultation with the MEAL Manager will lead the development and strategic direction of the field Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) systems, plans, procedures, documentation and reporting. The position will involve coordination with project management teams in line with donor reporting requirements, and with ADRA Uganda guidelines and best practices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and supervising the administration and use of the project performance M&E tools to track indicators in line with project log-frames, DIP and M&E Plans.
- Develop a MEAL strategy and plan for the WFP GFA project showing a clear roadmap defining the implementation, progress tracking, and improve monitoring and evaluation for improved management of the project in Kyaka II and Rwamwanja Refugee Settlements.
- Ensure that all the M&E tool kits for the project are revised and updated as required for effective M&E of project activities.
- Analyzing both qualitative and quantitative data that provide descriptive and inferential statistics as well as an in-depth understanding of the project indicators.
- Preparing and disseminating M&E monthly and periodic reports documenting the findings and impact of ADRA Uganda within project areas.
- Providing technical guidance and supervision to all project staff members under M & E and ensure efficient implementation of the project related M&E activities.
- Take lead in the documentation of success stories, documentaries to enhance evidence reporting.
- Take lead in learning, reflections through Learning Events and Reflection meetings to inform guide and direct ADRA Uganda future programming.
- Support the Project Management team in defining and implementing the key project performance indicators (KPI) as well as monitoring them throughout the duration of the projects.
- Follow up on monitoring and review findings to ensure corrective actions are taken as required as well as proposing strategies to increase data use and demand amongst project staff.
- Support project staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture project progress, and lessons learned.
- Keep abreast of developments in project changes and progress to advise and recommend strategies to increase project performances and results.
- Suggest ways to facilitate data collection and the flow of data within project field teams.
- Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by the Project and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
- Analyze changes and patterns in KPI indicator data and performance reports to support Project staff.
- Ensure that donors/WFP, partners, and Senior Management data queries are addressed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support and participate in project-related assessments, reviews, and evaluations.
- Perform any other duties incidental thereto and/or a may be assigned by the Head of Program and M&E officer at Head office
- Ensure links with the Beneficiary feedback and complaints mechanism.
Required Experience and Qualification
- A Bachelor’s degree in statistics, demographics, economics, development, or related field. Postgraduate in M&E, Statistics or economics is preferred.
- At least three years of significant experience in an M&E position
- Experience in data collection and community participation and accountability, conducting and coordinating assessments
- Demonstrated strong monitoring and evaluation skills, including planning/participating in project evaluations
- Ability to work both in an advisory and a hands-on implementation capacity
- Ability to facilitate/conduct large technical training for ADRA and partner staff
- Experience of representation and ability to represent ADRA effectively in external forums
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing and respond to sensitive issues using tact and diplomacy
- Analytical with excellent leadership/supervisory, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to review a variety of tools, reports and to formulate appropriate actions
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Candidate must be skilled strategic thinker and performance management driven
All qualified and interested candidates who are below 60 years should submit their applications online not later than 22nd March 2021.