Job Advert for Procurement & Logistics Officer (GFA-Kyaka II)
Job Summary: The Procurement & Logistics Officer (PLO) will assess & organize logistics of transport requirements; establishes a detailed procurement program plan; ensure effective commodity management and quality control; devises methods of stock control; closely monitors warehousing management and regularly submits situation reports on stocks; equipment and prepositioned goods.
Essential Qualifications and Experience: A Bachelors Degree in Procurement, Transport and Logistics or a related field plus at least 3 years experience in transport/procurement, work experience in the humanitarian field, managerial & supervisory responsibilities, good communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to plan and organize work, to be resourceful and use initiative.
Key duties and Responsibilities: The PLO will be in charge of planning, monitoring and managing the safe custody (storage) and transportation of all food commodities entrusted to the care of ADRA by WFP. The PLO will also manage the documentation of commodities transactions in the warehouse and during transportation, including receipts, storage and delivery of all food commodities to the final distribution points, losses and return to stores.
- Logistics Assessment
- Carry out logistics assessment to establish key logistics considerations for transportation, receipt, handling, storage and distribution of food commodities.
- Tracking, transport, warehouse, labour assessment.
- Work closely with the Field Coordinator to ensure FDPs are well located to facilitate easy access by all beneficiaries and trucks.
- Ensure security assessments for all warehouses, FDPs and transportation. This includes but not limited to supervise security guards.
- Coordination of Commodity Movement
- Coordinate the movement of food commodities from the donor to the FDPs
- Work closely with WFP logistics officer in preparation for commodities receipts.
- Ensure adequate transport is available for smooth delivery of food commodities.
- Take all necessary measure to minimize losses during commodity movement
- Coordinate food release process
- Coordinate commodity release and distribution planning.
- Coordinate the preparation and approval of the distribution plans based on the updated beneficiary figures.
- Develop the dispatch and trucking plans in liaison with the warehouse and field staff. Review dispatch authorizations.
- Inspect commodity delivery trucks and ensure they are in good mechanical condition.
- Keenly monitor commodity dispatch process to ensure commodities released from the warehouse are actually delivered to the FDPs.
- Organize review forums for purposes of enhancing service delivery.
- Actively facilitate contracting of all services related to commodity transportation, warehousing, quality survey and fumigation.
- Work in liaison with management to design necessary service contracts based on donor guidelines.
- Work closely with management to ensure the procurement of goods and services is done per donor, WFP and ADRA guidelines.
- Ensure proper filing of all the contract documents (Tenancy agreements, transport agreements, vehicle insurance as well as service level agreements with vendors) for easy.
- Warehouse inspection and management
- Oversight management of all the commodity warehouses as per donor and ADRA standards.
- Facilitate the procurement of all the warehouse items and documentation.
- Coordinate routine inspection of warehouses.
- Coordinate monthly physical stock count of all the warehouses.
- Coordinate with management in handling the disposal of damaged commodities
- Logistics support
- Oversight management of all programs logistical support services.
- Provide management supervision to all logistics requirements
- Coordinate the movement of staff and goods.
- Coordinate the servicing of vehicles and other assets.
- Keenly review the payments for all programs logistic services.
- Review vehicle movement, fuel usage and vehicle monthly reports
- Asset management work with the Field Officer to ensure that ADRA assets are safe and well managed. Safe custody of vehicles, motorcycles, generators as well as office computers.
- Work with refugees and displaced populations
- Valid motorcycle riding permit
- Ability and willingness to stay in the refugee settlement
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines
- Clean track record of working in a similar position in a reputable organization
- Hands-on experience in MS Office packages; data management and reporting writing
- Should be fluent in at least one of the major languages spoken by refugees and host communities in Kyaka II
DEADLINE for Application is Tuesday 10 December.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview. Please DO NOT call or email inquiring about the status of your application.
All job applications are officially posted and processed on ADRA website (adrauganda.org). ADRA Uganda job applications posted on other websites other than adrauganda.org are fake.
All job applications are FREE and offered at NO COST to the applicant.