Food & Market Strengthening Manager, WFP-GFA, Kyaka II Refugee Settlement
Job Summary: Responsible for planning, implementation, monitoring & evaluation, and reporting on all nutrition-sensitive activities under the GFA Project; and to ensure that the objectives of the GFA project and ADRA are achieved through adherence to project documents, ADRA’s policies, mission and operating principles.
Duties and Responsibilities: Planning, coordination and spearheading Market development, innovations and organization of various players with the aim of enabling access to quality food in the settlement. Manage food distribution and all nutrition-sensitive activities targeting both refugees and host communities in Rwamwanja.
- Provide skills on backyard gardening, drip irrigation, value chain management of the targeted crops
- Conduct market research to guide the farmers and value chain participants
- Link farmers to market opportunities and to access information on food markets and value addition technologies
- Provide supervision to volunteers engaged in backyard gardening and value chain development activities
- Guide ADRA on technologies to improve refugee-host community farming models that use small plots of land yet ensuring food security for participants
- Coordinate, implement, monitor and report on all GFA food assistance and nutrition-sensitive programming activities in consultation with the Field Coordinator
- Maintain the security and safety of project associated assets and equipment in the execution of the project activities
- With guidance and support from the project’s M&E Officer and Field Coordinator, develop and maintain a system for reporting regularly on activities, outputs, outcomes and impact of the project including success stories
- Build the capacity of volunteers and other staff in backyard gardening, value chain management and marketing of farm produce for better realization of the set objectives
- Suggest strategies to ADRA Uganda for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks and or risks and developing plans to minimize, mitigate or eliminate them
- Develop/participate in developing project proposals and Concept Notes aimed at improving or expanding the operation
- Perform any other duties that are assigned or are incidental to his job
- A Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture/Nutrition from a well-recognized University or any related course
- Five years of experience in a similar role
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people from different educational, linguistic, cultural and religious backgrounds
- Must be fluent in English and any of the local languages spoken in Kyaka II Refugee Settlement and host communities
DEADLINE for Application is Tuesday 10 December.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview. Please DO NOT call or email inquiring about the status of your application.
All job applications are officially posted and processed on ADRA website (adrauganda.org). ADRA Uganda job applications posted on other websites other than adrauganda.org are fake.
All job applications are FREE and offered at NO COST to the applicant.