Finance Officer, WFP General Food Assistance, Kyaka II Refugee Settlement
Job Summary: To provide day-to-day financial technical support to the Head of Program in the implementation of the General Food Assistance Project. You are also responsible for training/orienting staff and key stakeholders on financial management policies and standards for the program. The Finance Officer will also be expected to participate in or support project-supported beneficiaries on financial literacy, financial management, bookkeeping and/or records management. This position also provides support supervision to the Field Project Accountant.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer financial and management accounting services to Food Assistance Project
- Participate in the budgeting processes and revisions of budgets for Food Assistance Project and/ or ADRA as shall be requested from time to time
- Ensure that monthly management accounts for project funds are produced after appropriate reconciliations and submitted to the Chief Accountant on or before the 5th day of every month
- Work with the Chief Accountant/Internal Auditor to develop and prepare budget control sheets for the assigned Project. The Budget Control Sheet shall be submitted together with the financial statements and relevant reconciliation to the Chief Accountant for analysis before they are submitted to the Finance Director and to the relevant donors
- Ensure that field financial reports are organized, complete, and accurate and handed in on time to enable timely processing
- Work with the Procurement & Logistics Officer to organize regular stock-taking exercises, prepare and update and submit Project Assets and/or inventory lists for the assigned Project on a monthly basis
- In collaboration with the Procurement & Logistics Officer, ensure proper vehicle/fleet management at field level and submit prescribed vehicle reports on a monthly
- Follow up and report on adherence to the organization’s archiving policy
- Follow up and report on adherence to the organization’s procurement policy
- Participate in Project field monitoring with the Head of Programs and ADRA Country Office teams
- Advise the Chief Accountant on when to request for funds transfer for the assigned Project
- Organize and take part in the training of project beneficiaries on financial literacy, financial management; records management and other relevant financial aspects
- Perform any other duties incidental thereto and/or a may be assigned by the Finance Director
- Bachelor’s degree in either BBA/BCOM
- 3 years of progressive working experience & education
- Professional qualification with ACCA/CPA
- Fluent in English
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people from different educational, religious backgrounds
- Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time
DEADLINE for Application is Tuesday 10 December.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview. Please DO NOT call or email inquiring about the status of your application.
All job applications are officially posted and processed on ADRA website (adrauganda.org). ADRA Uganda job applications posted on other websites other than adrauganda.org are fake.
All job applications are FREE and offered at NO COST to the applicant.