Security Officer, WFP General Food Assistance, Kyaka II Refugee Settlement
Job Summary: To promote effective and efficient documentation, communication and management of security issues that are likely to impact the Food Assistance operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Security Assessment, analysis and advisory support
- To advise management and staff on key security issues that may affect General Food Assistance operations
- To promote the implementation of ADRA minimum-security management guidelines and to regularly monitor compliance with audit security requirements
- To carry out security risk assessments and advise on appropriate measures and actions within the area of operation
- Ensure Security Risk Assessments, and Core Security Requirement standards, processes and procedures are completed in accordance with the current Office of Corporate Security guidelines and training
- Documentation and communication
- To prepare and submit incident reports to relevant offices
- To regularly prepare security update, briefs and trend analysis as may be relevant for engaging management in security issues
- Networking and Liaison
- To identify areas of security management that may require external support
- To establish and maintain a productive working relationship with other stakeholders
- Build ongoing networks for sharing security information and coordination in the region
- To participate in key strategic security meetings within the area of operation
- Conduct security investigations when required
- Represent ADRA at local NGO security network meetings and ensure information from these groups is disseminated to relevant staff
- Training and awareness
- To create awareness among all staff in the area of operation on security issues
- Supervisory duties
- Oversee and assess the performance of security service providers and take overall responsibility for ADRA Uganda office and asset safety and security
- Other technical deliverables
- Actively participate in and or develop concept notes and proposals aimed at expanding/improving the operation.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or any related field
- 7 years of progressive working experience & education
- Formal training in security
- Fluent in English
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people from different educational, religious backgrounds
- Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time
DEADLINE for Application is Tuesday 10 December.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview. Please DO NOT call or email inquiring about the status of your application.
All job applications are officially posted and processed on ADRA website (adrauganda.org). ADRA Uganda job applications posted on other websites other than adrauganda.org are fake.
All job applications are FREE and offered at NO COST to the applicant.