Job Title: Project Coordinator
Duty Station: Kotido District
Duration: 17 Months
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator will lead and provide technical management and operational oversight, as well as strategic direction and implementation guidance for the anticipated UN FAO project in Kotido. The Project Coordinator will ensure efficient and effective implementation and delivery of all outputs/components of the project result areas.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall leadership, management, and technical support in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and timely reporting on all activities of the project.
- Ensure that the objectives of the project and ADRA are achieved through adherence to project documents, ADRA’s policies mission and operating principles.
- Be in charge of all project staff and provide them with the necessary leadership, guidance and direction, as well as the technical and moral support they need to effectively and efficiently perform their duties.
- Sensitize and work with project beneficiaries, district local government leadership and other relevant stakeholders in Kotido District in the implementation of the project.
- In collaboration with the MEAL Manager, carryout regular monitoring and evaluation of project progress, and document and share the findings with ADRA Administration and other relevant stakeholders for appropriate action.
- Ensure financial control and budget adherence in all project operations in collaboration with the Project Accountant and the ADRA Finance Officers.
- Organize and conduct project Steering Committee meetings, staff meetings and other project meetings as regularly as may be required.
- Prepare and submit timely monthly and timely quarterly financial and timely narrative reports to the respective ADRA head office departments according to ADRA’s reporting guidelines. In addition, whenever required, you will be requested to prepare and submit specific reports to various stakeholders – including district local governments, district technical planning committees and sector working groups.
- Initiate and participate in relevant networks that supplement the realization of the project objectives.
- Enhance initiatives that will suit the Karamoja environment and will lead to the sustainability of project activities.
- Be in charge of security for project personnel and property.
- Be custodian of all project assets and ensure their right allocation and utilization.
- Maintain linkage and collaboration with key Government Ministries, Local Government Authorities, other Non-Governmental Organizations, and relevant institutions in line with the project design.
- Participate in project reviews, needs assessments and development of new projects and Programmes for ADRA.
- Represent the project and/or ADRA at various forums within the project operational area, and at other higher levels as may be assigned by the Development Program Director / Country Director of ADRA.
- Perform any other duties that are incidental thereto and as may be assigned by ADRA.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The ideal Project Coordinator candidate for the Food Security Project should hold an advanced university degree in climate change science, agricultural engineering, agricultural sciences, disaster risk management, environmental sciences/engineering, natural resources management or closely related fields
- At least five years of relevant experience in planning and managing projects on agriculture
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
- Extent and relevance of experience in liaising with governments, multilateral and bilateral development agencies, civil society and communities
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
- Excellent data analysis and reporting skills
- Prior work experience in Karamoja region, particularly in Kotido, is an advantage
- Possess computer/word processing skills and should be capable of working with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English
- Results Focus
- Communication skills
- Relationship building skills
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Deadline: 19th July 2020