The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) Uganda is a national humanitarian and development organisation of the Seventh-day Adventist Church—tasked to serve humanity so all may live as God intended.
ADRA Uganda is looking for a Procurement & Logistics Manager:
Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Manager
Department: Finance and Administration Department
Reporting Line: Director of Finance and Administration
Job Purpose: Provide overall leadership, oversight and management support for all aspects of facility maintenance, asset management, procurement, logistics, warehousing, and fleet management in ADRA Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strong and positive leadership to your department by providing efficient delivery of services.
- Ensures preparation, dispatch, opening, analysis and issuance of a professional opinion on quotations as per the threshold set out in the Procurement Policy.
- Provides updated list on stores that are in obsolesces state that requires phasing out and those already obsolete for disposal.
- Prepares coordinates and facilitates implementation of annual procurement plans
- Monitors supplier/service contractors’ performance to ensure they deliver within the required period of time.
- Liaises with users to prepare framework contracts on items required for the year and preparation of quotations documents.
- Facilitates training on procurement regulations as per the training needs.
- Review or update supply chain practices in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
- Develop material costs forecasts or standard cost lists.
- Assess appropriate material handling equipment needs and staffing levels to load, unload, move, or store materials.
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, or freight forwarders.
- Providing cost analysis, promoting benchmarks and making recommendations for determining effective resource utilization at all levels.
- Contributing to the development of appropriate policies and procedures for procurement of goods and services, in collaboration with the relevant teams.
- Collaborate with other departments to identify or qualify new suppliers.
- Ensure office disaster preparedness and policies updated to include new technologies, trends and threats.
- Ensure that ADRA Uganda assets are secured, safe and well maintained; oversee logistics coordination.
- Ensure that ADRA Uganda provides quality hospitality services to staff and visitors.
- Transportation/Logistics. Responsible for vehicle procurement, management and maintenance.
- Build capacity of direct reports, through coaching for performance, supervision and support that develop their capacities and skills, enhance their performance.
- Perform any other duties incidental to this office and/or as shall be assigned by the Director of Finance.
Required Experience and Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Procurement or Business Administration, or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Management position with NGO/government agency
- Solid knowledge of Supply Chain principles and Process improvement/management.
- Ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.
- Must be able to lead and manage a team.
- Good working knowledge of computerized systems. Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office programs.
- Good oral/written and interpersonal skills.
All qualified and interested candidates who are aged 60 years and below, should submit their applications online not later than 19th April 2019.
Only qualified candidates will be notified for interviews.