ADRA Uganda wishes to recruit an ICT Officer based at Head office in Kireka.
Job Summary: Oversees and supports the ICT aspects of the organization. On a day-to-day basis, this involves managing the IT and communication equipment to ensure it is used effectively within the organization as well as providing advice, guidance and training on ICT issues to the rest of the team.
- Provide ICT hardware and software support to all projects and programs
- Support in analyzing ICT aiming to improve these processes with new or upgraded software or systems
- Support the management of ICT related assets through budgeting, procurement and tracking
- Oversee the maintenance and use of communication equipment in all project locations, ensuring essential equipment is kept in good repair at all times. Communication equipment may include, static and mobile HF and VHF radios, satellite phones, mobile phones and landlines
- Monitor developments and usage of communication equipment, applicable to the local situation, and make recommendations to the relevant people and departments within ADRA Uganda, in order to ensure ADRA Uganda is making the most cost-effective use of available technologies within budgetary constraints
- Provide appropriate ICT and communication equipment training for ADRA Uganda staff, through one-to-one coaching and taught sessions. This may include a basic introduction to Windows and Office applications, e-mail and internet use, intermediate use of Office applications, backups, software installation, simple repairs, etc.
- Ensure the security and integrity of all the program information systems and data
- Enforce and develop, if appropriate, relevant guidelines and policies e.g. online security, passwords, back-up procedures, anti-virus solutions, etc.
- Manage ADRA Uganda website, social media, project management software
- Capacity building of staff for use of project and program related software—such as SunPlus, ProofHub, KoboToolBox, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
- Any other duty as you may be assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor degree in Information Systems, Information Management, Computer Science or it’s equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in ICT management is required
- Fluency in written and spoken English language
- Treats all individuals with respect
- He/she must be keen on details and well-organized individual
All qualified and interested candidates who are aged 60 years and below, should submit their applications online not later than 3 June 2019.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interviews.