Finance & Administration Assistant, WFP General Food Assistant, Kyaka II Refugee Settlement
Job Summary: Management of GFA Kyaka II Program funds, availing timely financial and management accounts/reports that are compliant to the relevant program agreement and generally accepted accounting principles, and providing the Head of Program with day-to-day financial technical support in the management of the program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Offer financial and management accounting services to the program
- Participate in the budgeting processes and revisions of budgets for the Program and/or ADRA as shall be requested from time to time
- Ensure that monthly management accounts for program funds are produced after appropriate reconciliations and submitted to the assigned Accountant at ADRA Country Office on or before the 5th day of every month.
- Work with the assigned ADRA Emergency Accountant to develop and prepare budget control sheets for the assigned program. The Budget Control Sheet shall be submitted together with the financial statements and relevant reconciliation to the Accountant for analysis before they are submitted to the Finance Director and to the relevant stakeholders
- Ensure that field financial reports are organized, complete, and accurate and handed in on time to enable timely processing
- Be in charge of stores operations, organize regular stock-taking exercises, prepare and update and submit Program Assets and/or inventory lists for the assigned Program on a monthly basis
- Work as the WFP/GFA Kyaka II Administration Assistant
- Develop and be in charge of a central registry and a filing system for all documents for the program
- Coordinate information dissemination to the various program stakeholders under the guidance and supervision of the Field Coordinator
- Organize the program, administrative meetings by professionally preparing and distributing the agenda and minutes to the rightful recipients
- Ensure cleanliness of the offices
- Prepare and dispatch to relevant stakeholders the project reports, letters, and other documents/communication as per the Head of Program’s instructions
- In collaboration with the Procurement & Logistics Officer, ensure proper vehicle/fleet management at field level and submit prescribed vehicle reports on a monthly basis
- Follow up and report on adherence to the organization’s Archiving policy
- Follow up and report on adherence to the organization’s procurement policy
- Advise the Emergency Accountant on when to request for funds transfer for the assigned program
- Organize and take part in the training of project beneficiaries on financial literacy, financial management; records management and other relevant financial aspects.
- Perform any other duties incidental thereto and/or a may be assigned by the Chief Accountant
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field
- CPA or any other professional certifications
- 3 years of progressive working experience & education
DEADLINE for Application is Tuesday 10 December.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview. Please DO NOT call or email inquiring about the status of your application.
All job applications are officially posted and processed on ADRA website (adrauganda.org). ADRA Uganda job applications posted on other websites other than adrauganda.org are fake.
All job applications are FREE and offered at NO COST to the applicant.