Job Summary: The Complaint & Response Mechanism Assistant (CRMA) is responsible to oversee and ensure consistent systematic receipt, processing and response to community issues in the project that come through various mechanisms such as hotlines, help desk, suggestion boxes, office visits, to increase the level of accountability by ADRA to People of Concern (POCs).
The position holder will report to the M&E Officer, working closely with M&E Assistant to share the complaints and response data from the field and register them centrally to analyze trends and generate reports.
Job Objective: The CRMA is responsible to oversee and ensure consistent systematic receipt, processing and response to community issues in the project that comes through various mechanisms such as hotlines, help desk, suggestion boxes, office visits, to increase the level of accountability by ADRA Uganda to People of Concern (POCs).
- Answer/Listen, process and respond to complaints and guide beneficiaries that seek help through ADRA hotlines.
- Follow up on internal complaints and feedback referrals with appropriate offices and sectors and respond to raised pending issues
- Enter all complaints and feedback in the database and keep up to date records to generate reports anytime.
- Ensure a proper filing system for all the complaints and feedback taken through the helplines/field visits.
- Collect the complaints and make a daily data entry for all the data collected through the helplines or field visits. Record the complaints and report it to the M&E Officer and Assistant M&E.
- Support beneficiaries through information sharing and relating to services provided by ADRA Uganda and partner organizations, upon request and refer beneficiaries per subject needs.
- Conduct feedback sessions for the project based on the M&E plan developed by the M&E Officer.
- Share complaints and feedback -received through helpline- trends analysis quarterly and monthly reports with M&E Officer and Assistant M&E.
- Work closely with the M&E Officer and M&E Assistant in order to collect feedback from other team members about referred complains to their respective sectors.
- Carry out additional responsibilities and project’s tasks as assigned by the M&E Officer.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Diploma from a University in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Administrative Law, Mass Communication/Journalism Counseling/ Community Psychology or a related field.
- Minimum of at least one-year working experience with relief or development NGO in a similar job
- Ability to work independently on own initiative, able to manage a team of staff and cooperate with other units.
- Excellent written English, with fluency in speaking Kinyarwanda /Kinyabwisha or Kiswahili.
- Has the ability to apply international standards in humanitarian protection and accountability (e.g. HAP, SPHERE, Red Cross Code of Conduct, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing and respond to sensitive issues using tact and diplomacy
- Good knowledge of and experience with humanitarian guidelines and principles.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Organization, planning, and time management skills
- Stays open to internal and external feedback
- Good contextual knowledge of the local community and social/cultural constraints, realities and organizational relationships
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
DEADLINE for Application is Tuesday 10 December.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview. Please DO NOT call or email inquiring about the status of your application.
All job applications are officially posted and processed on ADRA website (adrauganda.org). ADRA Uganda job applications posted on other websites other than adrauganda.org are fake.
All job applications are FREE and offered at NO COST to the applicant.