Job Title: Stores Keeper
Reports to: Field Accountant and Administrator, Nurse coordinator
Job Location: Kyaka II Refugee Settlement
Duration: December 1, 2018 to September 30, 2019
Position Summary: Under general supervision, this position is responsible for the maintenance of a department’s storeroom which includes but is not limited to, stocking of operational materials and supplies, inventory control and records, purchasing, and related duties as required.
Job description: The Stores Keeper is responsible for all the logistic matters at the field, and as so should be an organized and detail-oriented person to manage all of the operations in the hospital’s storeroom. In this position, plays a key role in the proper care and maintenance of stock, including ordering, receiving, and managing inventory.
Should keep an accurate information about the inventories so according to stock plan let the management plan according to the information. The Storekeeper should also coordinate and participate in special and scheduled stock counts as required.
These are the main responsibilities and duties to be carried out on a daily or weekly basis:
1. Keep an inventory of equipment and supplies in the CEMS and maintain monthly updated inventory;
2. Maintain receipts, records, and withdrawals of the stock room;
3. Receive incoming materials and compare what has been shipped with the shipment order;
4. Ensure that the pieces of equipment and materials in the CEMS are in good condition and fully operational;
5. Stock the supplies in the storage and file all corresponding documentation;
6. Perform other stock-related duties, including returning, packing and labelling supplies;
7. Inspect deliveries for damage or discrepancies and report those to account for reimbursements and record keeping;
8. Ensure adequate record keeping and manage all documentation to confirm proper stock levels and maintain inventory control;
9. Coordinate the handling of freight, the movement of equipment, and necessary minor repairs;
10. Performs related and peripheral site-specific duties as required.
-3 years of previous experience in logistics and/or store procurement
-Ability to work in 8 hours shift, 5 working days
-Fluent in English, Swahili and French
-Ability to communicate and interact well with people from different educational, linguistic, cultural and religious backgrounds
-Competencies in data entry, analysis, and management – Mandatory
-Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time