ADRA Uganda wishes to recruit Cashier based at Head office in Kireka.
Job Summary: Safe custody of cash and other valuables, prudent management of fund inflow and fund disbursement ensuring immediate capture of the same into the accounting system.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Receipt and capture into the accounting system, all cheques and cash payable to the organization
- Notify the Chief Accountant of any transfer of funds received into the organization’s/project account and ensure immediate capture of the same into the accounting system
- Bank all cheques and cash received and reconcile the cash receipt account
- Raise and capture into the system, petty cash vouchers and disburse funds as may be authorized
- Prepare weekly cash receipt summaries
- Prepare petty cash reports and request for replenishment of the same
- Advise the Chief Accountant of the daily cash and bank balances
- Custodian for Petty Cash, cheque books, bank documents and forms, land titles, vehicle registration card and any other valuables that may be specified
- Participate in preparation for the audit of final accounts of Projects and Funds under your responsibility
- Perform any other duties that are incidental thereto and as may be assigned by ADRA Uganda
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of a Diploma in Business Administration or any other related qualification
- Able to work under minimum supervision & with strict deadlines
- A decent & self-driven person
- A person with a proven track record & unquestionable integrity
- A fast learner, mentor, problem solver, team player with a strong character who can think creatively & critically
- Proven experience of using MS Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and SunPlus system
- Understanding & demonstrated experience working with NGO is an added advantage• Treats all individuals with respect
- He/she must be keen on details and well-organized individual
All qualified and interested candidates who are aged 60 years and below, should submit their applications online not later than 3 June 2019.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interviews.