Cash-Based Transfer & Financial Literacy Manager, WFP-GFA, Kyaka II Refugee Settlement
Job Summary: To manage the Cash-Transfer commodity and ensure the WFP food aid program is implemented in line with ADRA policies and donor guidelines. Emphasis will be on quality and accountability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Program & Strategic Issue
- Participate in project design, proposal writing, budgeting process, and engaging various support offices and donors during the negotiation process in coordination with Response Programs, Grant Acquisition Management (GAM) and Finance units.
- Liaise and meet with donors and other food programming stakeholders for the purposes of networking, information sharing and nurturing partnerships
- In collaboration with the design, monitoring and evaluation team ensuring that Cash Transfer activities/programs are monitored, evaluated and that operational research contributes to program innovation
- Provide strategic leadership in the roll-out of Cash in Food assistance to the project
- Responsible for mainstreaming refugee gender and protection in the cash assistance strategy and implementation
- Managing the day-to-day implementation of cash assistance interventions according to objectives and Detailed Implementation Plans
- Work with WFP, UNHCR and OPM to develop and approve clear and concise Food Assistance community communication strategies and support the timely roll-out of community outreaches to address refugee anxiety, avert tension within the food sector group and communities
- Responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive operational plan for the cash transfer portion of the ADRA program including Cash transfer programming/project design; call forward, procurement/logistics/security plan and assisting in the preparation and negotiating of agreements related to food programs
- Consolidate Call Forwards Schedule Distribution Plans, and pipeline projections for the WFP program
- Work closely with the Field Coordinator and ensure that the WFP pipeline remains as healthy as possible by constantly following up call Forwards and shipments allocations and schedules with WFP Sub Office and Country Office.
- Commodity Tracking (Reporting and Accountability
- Maintain comprehensive commodity tracking systems so as to ensure that all commodities are properly distributed and accounted for to ADRA partnership and major donor standards
- Ensure that all commodity losses and claims procedures are in compliance with the ADRA partnership and donor requirements
- Ensure that the required periodic reports are generated from the CTS reports and submitted to the relevant consumers on a timely basis
- Ensure the loss and claims registers, files are well maintained and checked on a regular basis
- Maintain shipment files and registers and ensure that shipments reconciliation is accurately done on a daily basis
- Maintain inventory control on a monthly basis and ensure that the commodity book balances match with the actual stocks
- Ensure that food and non-food commodities are well warehoused as per ADRA standards
- Personnel Management
- Ensure proper and adequate supervision of Cash Transfer staff for a smooth implementation of the project
- Work on staff development plans through coaching, on the job training and possible recommendation for secondments to other programs within the partnership
- Negotiation & Liaison with Outside Groups
- Attend all Inter-agency Coordination meetings including providing leadership as co-sector leader of the Food Sector Working Group to discuss issues affecting refugee access to food assistance and provide timely and actionable feedback
- Liaise with WFP, OPM, and other UN agencies and peer NGOs to ensure cash programming mechanism is understood, integrated and supported
- Work with UNHCR and OPM to build strong community structures to support Food Assistance Implementation and accountability
- Work with the Finance Unit in the creation of programmatic budgets and recommend revision necessary for coordination with the donor
- Create budgets and spending projections for the commodity operations.
- Ensure cost competitiveness in the project.
- Prepare the program for Internal and external audits and to ensure that food programs achieve acceptable audit standards in national, and partnership
- Perform any other duties incidental thereto and/or a may be assigned by the Head of Program
- Bachelor’s degree in Business from a well-recognized university or any related course.
- Five years of experience in a similar role
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people from different educational, linguistic, cultural and religious backgrounds
- Must be fluent in English and any of the local languages spoken in Kyaka II Refugee Settlement and host communities
DEADLINE for Application is Tuesday 10 December.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview. Please DO NOT call or email inquiring about the status of your application.
All job applications are officially posted and processed on ADRA website (adrauganda.org). ADRA Uganda job applications posted on other websites other than adrauganda.org are fake.
All job applications are FREE and offered at NO COST to the applicant.