Position Summary: To provide day-to-day financial technical support to the Project Manager in the implementation of the AMS Project. You are also responsible for training/orienting staff and key stakeholders on financial management policies and standards for the program. The Finance Officer will also be expected to participate in or support project-supported beneficiaries on financial literacy, financial management, bookkeeping and/or records management.
Project Location: Kyegegwa District
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer financial and management accounting services to AMS Project.
- Participate in the budgeting processes and revisions of budgets for the Project and/ or ADRA Uganda as shall be requested from time to time.
- Ensure that monthly management accounts for project funds are produced after appropriate reconciliations and submitted to the Chief Accountant on or before the 5th day of every month.
- Work with the Chief Accountant/Internal Auditor to develop and prepare budget control sheets for the assigned Project. The Budget Control Sheet shall be submitted together with the financial statements and relevant reconciliation to the Chief Accountant for analysis before they are submitted to the Director of Finance and to the relevant donors.
- Ensure that field financial reports are organized, complete, and accurate and handed in on time to enable timely processing.
- Work with the Logistics Officer to organize regular stock-taking exercises, prepare and update and submit Project Assets and/or inventory lists for the assigned Project on a monthly basis.
- In collaboration with the Logistics Officer, ensure proper vehicle/fleet management at field level and submit prescribed vehicle reports on a monthly.
- Follow up and report on adherence to the organization’s Archiving policy.
- Follow up and report on adherence to the organization’s procurement policy
- Participate in Project field monitoring with the Head of Programs and ADRA Uganda head office teams.
- Advise the Chief Accountant on when to request for funds transfer for the assigned Project.
- Organize and take part in the training of project beneficiaries on financial literacy, financial management; records management and other relevant financial aspects.
- Perform any other duties incidental thereto and/or maybe assigned to you.
- Bachelor’s degree in either BBA/BCOM
- Should have 5 years of progressive working experience
- Should have a professional qualification either ACCA/CPA
- Fluent in English and local languages in Kyegegwa District
- Ability to speak Kinyabwisha will be an added advantage
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people from different educational, religious backgrounds
- Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time