Position Summary: Agricultural Business Trainers generally work as liaisons between farmers and agricultural businesses, representing either the farm or the business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide business development advice, mentoring and coaching and facilitate change management to farmers cooperatives that allow them to realize their business growth potential.
- Analyze the capacity needs of farmers organizations (FOs) and rural producer organizations (RPOs) and suggest sustainable solutions
- Help develop training and education structures within farmers’ organizations to enhance their service provision, behaviour change and collective marketing services.
- Provide clients with guidance relating to promoting the interests
of smallholder farmers, their associations/cooperatives, with the authorities of the relevant stakeholders.
- Build expertise in a specific area of interest
- Overall planning and leadership of the development of Business Plans in coordination with Team Leaders
- Coordination and consultation with the Team Leader & stakeholders
- Coordination with value chain stakeholders/actors
- Support set-up technical assistance and training processes
- Support reporting to Team Leader
- Ensure quality of work and timely delivery of outputs
- The position holder must have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, Adult Education, Agriculture, Marketing or related field.
- Minimum of five years’ experience working with Agricultural cooperatives.
- Ability to design training curricula based on a needs assessment and present in MS Word and PowerPoint format to farmers and local staff.
- Launch training for progressive farmers in adopting appropriate practices in agriculture
- Design training to build the capacity of agricultural farmers.
- Coordinate training to farmers in the surrounding villages for adopting improved agriculture methods and technologies.
- Work closely with the program manager to plan, design and assist in the implementation of other project-related activities;
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- At least 5 years of experience in the design and delivery of agricultural training;
- Work experience in Agricultural cooperatives is highly desirable;
- Strong agribusiness and value chain skills;
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders that include the private sector, government, agribusiness cooperatives and farmers’ associations.
- Strong written and oral English skills, experience in report writing.