ADRA Uganda wishes to recruit an Accountant based at Head office in Kireka.
Job Summary: Prudent management of Projects and Program funds, availing timely financial and management accounts that are compliant to the relevant funds, projects and program agreements and generally accepted accounting principles, and ensuring the relevancy of the accounts to management decision making.
- Offer financial and management accounting services to development projects and programs that may be allocated from time to time
- Ensure that monthly management accounts for development & emergency funds, projects and programs in your portfolio are produced after appropriate reconciliations and submitted to the Finance Director before the 10th day of the month following the month to which the accounts relate
- Prepare budget control sheets where appropriate, for the projects and programs. The Budget Control Sheet shall be submitted together with the financial statements and relevant reconciliations to the Finance Director before the 10th day of the month following the months to which the budget control sheet relates
- Support corporate finance and resource management strategies and major ongoing programmatic initiatives, participating in planning and training non-finance staffs where appropriate using finance management expertise
- Collate and analyze data for the preparation of accurate and timely reporting, in order to provide management with financial, accounting and budgetary information to enable them to make informed decisions
- Contribute towards the development of country finance-specific plans and processes, aligned with donor requirements and wider ADRA Uganda strategies, policies and processes to meet the development assistance needs
- Ensure proper financial operations and regulatory compliance adherence for all the financial transactions made
- Analyze and report on key data for financial status and outcomes of projects in accordance with corporate governance requirements, ensuring accuracy, deadlines, and accounting processes are complied with
- Participate in preparation for the audit of final accounts of Projects and Funds under your responsibility
- Represent department at internal meetings, external meetings and events with other agencies, banks and other financial institutions, or other partners and entities as required
- Perform any other duties incidental thereto and/or a may be assigned by the Finance Director and Chief Accountant
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or Management and professional courses like ACCA, CPA, & CMIA
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive financial management experience and experience in an NGO accounting department
- Knowledge of accounting software especially Sun Plus is a requirement
- This position requires a person who is able to prepare timely reports
- He/she must be keen on details and well-organized individual
All qualified and interested candidates who are aged 60 years and below, should submit their applications online not later than 3 June 2019.